I was so thrilled to see my Twitter notifications light up the other week and discover that the lovely Jade had nominated me for a Liebster Award. If you’ve not heard of it, the award is a great way to find new or small blogs and spread some of the blogging love whilst getting to know members of this fab community.
Here are the basic rules:
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with under 200 Twitter followers)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know that you have nominated them
So here are my answers to Jade’s questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
I had been reading blogs for a long time and always enjoyed creative writing. My friends had always commented on my craft skills and home decor passion so I figured, why not write about that? I was unsatisfied in my career at that point so relished the opportunity for a creative outlet. Then things developed into the little corner of the internet you see here. I try to mix my passion for crafts, DIY and home design with beauty, fashion and travel. Nowadays I work in a relatively creative job during the week but I really love having an outlet that’s all mine and I find it so rewarding to watch it grow.
- What is your biggest achievement in life so far?
A couple of years ago I saved and took 3 months out to travel South East Asia and India, it was one of the most incredible times of my life and the experiences and memories it gave me are some of my favourites. I must blog about it soon. Just planning the trip is something I’m really proud of! On that note I’m planning my next big trip – hopefully for next year!
- What would you like to be doing 10 years from now?
I’d like to be working in a creative job making money from something I love. Ideally either something crafty or as a digital nomad getting to travel the world with my laptop doing freelance writing gigs. I do a lot of copywriting in my daily life and it’s certainly something I enjoy, so that mixed with some kind of artisan / craft work would be ideal! Check back in 10 years and who knows maybe I’ll be blogging from the beach. 😉
- Favourite food?
That is such a toughie! It would have to be either Italian or Indian cuisine, although the one food item I can’t live without is definitely tomatoes.
- What is one song that never fails to put you in a good mood?
As a Spotify junkie I’m constantly putting together playlists for moods, seasons and various parts of my life – it’s one of my favourite ways to spend a chilled night in. Currently my go-to happy song is Green Light by Lorde – maybe an odd choice as it’s a breakup song but it’s so energetic with such an amazing bridge that I just want to dance. Also Dreaming of You by The Coral is another one that always makes me smile when it comes on shuffle.
- Do you prefer summer or winter and why?
This is actually quite a tough one. I think I prefer summer but there is something about cosy winter nights with candles and blankets that I love too. But you can’t beat the long days and warm evenings of summer. Ideal for long walks and cheeky pub garden sessions.
- Are you more of a cat or dog person?
Dog person for sure, but I grew up with both and could never say no to a cute little kitty face.
- How many countries have you visited?
21. Mainly Europe and Asia, I still haven’t visited the America’s which I’ll hopefully get to do next year.
- Are you a morning person?
Definitely not ha, but I am trying to be. I’ve blogged about trying to build a productive morning routine to help me pack more into my days and feel more fulfilled. You can check out that post here.
- What was the last film you watched?
Beauty and the Beast – I loved it!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Hmmm it does wind me up when people say ‘pacific’ instead of specific.
So here are my nominees:
@orishtha – orishtha.wordpress.com
@hues_of_white – huesofwhite.com
@lydonlifeblog – lydonlife.wordpress.com
@ZoBo_Creative – zocreative.wordpress.com
@HannahEliza1 – hannahelizasite.wordpress.com
@CarlyEveryday – www.carlyeveryday.com
@vaggabondish – vaggabondish.wordpress.com
@torifrench – thattorifrenchlife.com
@AwkwardPBlog – awkwardpenguin95.wixsite.com/mysite
@sofinelylived – sofinelylived.com
@singlekayleigh – terminallysinglekayleigh.wordpress.com
And here are my 11 questions for you guys:
- What’s your favourite place you’ve ever visited
- Snow or sand?
- What’s your party trick?
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- What’s your favourite social media site?
- What’s your go to source for inspiration?
- What’s your favourite song?
- What’s one thing on your bucket list?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Now make sure you go and check out the following bloggers I’ve nominated.
Love, Sarah x