Thrifty Thursday: DIY Big Spoon Little Spoon Pillow Cases
Hey ya’ll look at that, new feature alert! Thrifty Thursday where I take something I’ve seen for sale and DIY it with my own personal touch. A great way to save money and add a touch of your personality to your home. 🙂
First up big and little spoon pillowcases – cheesy I know, buollections/silk-pillowcase”>silk pillowcase that I really wanted. I found myself going down a pillowcase rabbit hole, where I found all kinds of cases. It was worth it because I found and loved these pillow cases ever since I saw them on a few blogs, but I thought that they were something I could easily DIY with my own handwriting to make them even more personal.
Here’s the result:
And it couldn’t have been simpler, here’s the how-to:
You will need:
- Fabric marker
- A pair of white pillowcases
- Some cardboard to put inside the pillowcases so the ink doesn’t bleed through to the back
- First off decide on your design, I wanted to use my own cursive handwriting and also add a cute illustration of spoons. I practiced first to get the spacing right.
- Put some cardboard inside the pillowcase to stretch it out – this will help you keep your design straight and also ensure that the ink doesn’t bleed onto the back side of the pillow case.
- Draw your design in fabric pen onto the pillowcase and that’s it. Check the instructions for your fabric markers as some may require you to do certain things to set the ink – mine didn’t though.
I’m pleased to say these have been through the wash several times (hence the creases in the pics oops!) and the design it still holding up strong. I love these designs and they always make me smile when I’m making my bed. They’re the perfect cheap, easy gift for your love or even for friends – how cute would they be as a housewarming pressie when they move in with their partners?
If you make them send me a pic, I’d love to see your versions!
Love, Sarah x